So what exactly does Gov. Ron DeSantis’ stay at home or “Safer At Home” order mean for Florida?
The Florida stay at home or safer at home order defines what essential businesses and services remain open during the state’s COVID-19 response and outlines what people are permitted to do outside of their homes if they practice social distancing. To see the complete order & find out what is an essential business and what is not, click the link below.
The order goes into effect at 12:01 a.m. Friday and expires April 30, but that date is subject to change.
For more on the governor’s previous and current executive orders, visit www.flgov.com/2020-executive-orders.
Keep in mind the stay-at-home order may be updated. As it stands now, you can:
- Attend religious services;
- Shop at grocery stores;
- Get medications from pharmacies;
- Fuel up at gas stations;
- Wash clothes at laundromats;
- Care for or assist a loved one or friend;
- See the doctor, after calling ahead;
- Take pets to the veterinarian, after calling ahead;
- Go outside to walk, jog, fish, hunt, swim, bike and participate in other recreational activities as long as people don’t gather in groups of more than 10 and stay at least 6 feet apart.
You’re not allowed to:
- Visit or work in a place that’s not an essential service;
- Gather in groups of 10 or more people or be closer than 6 feet to others;
- Visit family or friends socially;
- Visit someone in a nursing home, hospital or assisted living facility without contacting the service beforehand
Perry & Young is a nationally recognized personal injury, car accident, & commercial trucking accident law firm that has cultivated a reputation for our ability to successfully resolve even the most challenging cases. Over 35 years of experience, our award-winning team has secured multi-millions in numerous verdicts and settlements for clients across Florida, Georgia, Alabama, and all over the country. Learn more about our services, your potential case and rights, and how we can help by calling (850) 215-7777 for a FREE consultation.