Ted Howell was born and raised in Jackson County, Florida where he graduated as valedictorian from Marianna High School. After graduating with honors and earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial & Systems Engineering from the University of Florida, Ted went on to attend the University of Florida College of Law, where he graduated magna cum laude (with highest honors). In addition to obtaining membership in the Order of the Coif, which is limited to the top 10% of a graduating class, he scored so high on the Florida bar exam, that he was invited to speak at the swearing-in ceremony held at the Florida Supreme Court.
From 2005 to 2007, Ted began his legal career at a law firm in Mobile, Alabama. Ted later moved to Panama City, Florida where he served in areas involving auto accidents, dog bites, slip and falls, negligence, and wrongful death cases. He continued to build his reputation as a skilled and knowledgeable civil trial attorney, which led him to join the Perry & Young law firm.
Since joining the Perry & Young law firm, Ted has won millions of dollars in compensation for his clients. He is now a partner at Perry & Young and represents clients and their families who have been injured or have lost a loved one. Ted is admitted by the Bar to practice in Florida and Alabama. He is also admitted by the U.S. Federal District Courts throughout Alabama and Northern Florida. He currently serves as Chairman of the Fourteenth Circuit Grievance Committee and previously served as the Fourteenth Circuit Representative on the Board of Governors for the Young Lawyers Division of the Florida Bar.
Ted is also actively involved in the community. He serves on the Board of Directors for Tyndall Federal Credit Union and Girls Inc. of Bay County. In addition, he is a Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Marianna/Panama City District of the United Methodist Church. Ted and his wife, Heather, are active members of Lynn Haven United Methodist Church. When Ted is out of the office, you will most likely find him playing with his children, fishing, or enjoying time with his father in Mexico Beach.
Ted Howell Areas of Practice
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
Ted Howell Bar Admissions
- Florida, 2005
- Alabama, 2006
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Alabama
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Alabama
- Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- University of Florida College of Law, Gainesville, Florida
- J.D. – 2005
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Order of the Coif
- Journal of Law and Public Policy
- The University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
- B.S. – 2002
- Major: Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Minor: Business
- Graduated with Honors
Honors and Awards
- Florida Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2013-2018
Pro Bono Activities
- Girls, Inc – Board Member
- Board of Governors for the Young Lawyers Division
Learn about our personal injury attorneys.